Forest School is based on the philosophy of Self-Directed Learning. Our environment encourages active exploration, providing both new challenges and familiar resources where our children learn and develop confidence. Both indoor and outdoor environments are used as learning resources. They are inspirational spaces designed to encourage collaborative and creative work. Providing flexible and adaptable working environments allows each child to engage as an individual and stimulates creativity and innovation.
How to access our Forest School:
- First there is a visit to our site by the parent/carer with their child and/or educational setting representative should the child be on roll at school.
- If the child enjoys their visit and we feel that we can meet their needs, in discussion with their parents/carers we will offer a trial period for the child to attend Forest School.
- We will consider a child who has:
- barriers to their education due to their suspected or diagnosed learning differences;
- is on the brink of non-attendance in school;
- has an EHCP where the banding can be reviewed to name a Forest School provision;
- has an EOTAS or personal budget to attend or is de-registered from school.